Altius’s team of Physiotherapists offer both Musculoskeletal and Sports Injury Physiotherapy
Loosening stiff joints, relieving tense muscles, stretching tight nerves, correcting muscle imbalances, and teaching correct movement in order to treat common complaints including:
- Neck and shoulder pain or discomfort
- Elbow pain caused by overuse
- Wrist pain caused by swelling
- Low back and buttock pain
- Aching hips
- Sore knees
- Painful feet and ankles
- Altered sensation in the fingers (tingling, burning, numbness)
Sports injuries need to be managed differently to injuries incurred as a result of a sedentary lifestyle or joint degeneration.
After a sports injury:
- The first 72 hours are critical.
- Correct assessment, diagnosis and management can be the difference between recovery and permanent disability.
- Rehabilitation often needs to be aggressive. Our physiotherapists aim to get you back to sport as soon as possible, closely monitoring your progress, focusing on building your strength and stability.
- Preventing re-injury is imperative. Our skilled physiotherapists understand the physical movement required by your sport, setting functional goals and challenging your body's ability to withstand the forces that led to the initial injury.
Call 1300 727 303 to speak with a specialist to help you start your journey