These latest statistics and indicators are a sign of things to come for Directors who do not meet their legislative requirements and breach WHS regulations under their watch. The good news is that SafeWork Australia reported a steady decline in the rate of serious claims over the past four years – a decline of 16%3. So, while we are seeing Directors being heavily penalised for serious non-compliance, on the whole our workplaces are becoming safer.
To safeguard your employees, prevent workplace injuries (and a potential review of your WHS Compliance) – and to avoid becoming a statistic, ensure…
- Your workplace has a legally compliant WHS Management System in place to meet your legislative requirements and improve employee safety. Altius Group make safety compliance simple - Altius Group provides WHS software and solutions to assist in meeting industry specific requirements.
- You Don’t View Insurance as a “Get Out of Jail Free” Card: Insurance is essential, providing peace of mind, however, it’s important not to view it as a ‘get out of jail free card’ – putting comprehensive WHS management measures in place will keep your insurance premium costs down in the long term and prevention is always best.
- You Engage the Experts When You Need to - For Extra Peace of Mind: To identify gaps incompliance and reduce the risk of prosecution and fines, we offer a rapid gap analysis of your WHS Management System. Our consultants conduct remote desk top WHS reviews or face to face, on-site reviews ($200 plus GST for metropolitan areas, travel costs may apply outside of service locations).
Altius Group provides a suite of services designed to support employer’s Work Health and Safety management.
1. Comparative Performance Monitoring Report 20th Edition Part 2 – Work health and safety compliance and enforcement activities
2. Australian Government Response to ‘They never came home’ report