This warming dish is filled with spicy vegetables and chickpeas to give you all the goodness your body needs in the cooler months.
Note: We have used wholemeal couscous to give a nutritional boost, you can even try wholemeal pasta for a change.
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp. ginger crushed
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. chilli paste or sauce
- 2 cups tomato passata
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 6-8 prunes, dried, quartered
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- ½ red capsicum, cut into chunks
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 lemon, zest
- Squeeze of 1 lemon
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- Squeeze of 1 Orange
- 1.5 cups boiling water or hot vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. each of cumin, coriander, smoked paprika
- Place all ingredients into a slow cooker, mix so all incorporated.
- Place on high for 4 hours (or low for 8 hours).
- When ready place cous cous in a bowl, boil kettle and add 1.5 cups water. Season with salt and pepper, squeeze 1 orange as well and mix with fork and cover for 10 mins. When water has been absorbed fluff with fork.
- Option to serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt or low fat natural yoghurt mixed with some mint.