Altius Group has now established two teams of Occupational Therapists who are skilled and confident working within NDIS Paediatric Occupational Therapy, in Victoria and South Australia. Our teams bring a wealth of expertise, skills and knowledge from over 50 years of combined experience working in Paediatrics. Utilising a collaborative, friendly approach to working with children, their carers, families, teachers, schools, and all other stakeholders to achieve exceptional outcomes for children and adolescents.
We specialise in sensory assessments and interventions. Autism Spectrum Disorder, movement programs to address tone, coordination and mobility issues, emotional regulation and social skill programs. Plus therapy interventions to address developmental delay.
Our team focuses on helping children (7+) with a wide range of disabilities reach their goals with a person-centered and holistic approach. Some of the areas that our skilled Paediatric Occupational Therapists can work on include:
- Gross motor (movements, sequencing and strength related to the larger muscle groups) and fine motor skills (movements, sequencing and strength related to the smaller muscle ground of the hand and wrist)
- Sensory processing differences (a child’s ability to interpret and organise information from the senses about their body and environment)
- Emotional and self-regulation skills (the ability to interpret, understand and regulate your own emotions in a flexible and adaptable manner.)
- Play and Social skills (social emotional, self-regulation, social problem solving and social competency skills)
- Daily living and domestic skills (skills used to take care of ourselves on a daily basis, such as hygiene, toileting and eating, as well as to contribute to the home, such as cooking, shopping and chores)
- Community access skills (including skills required to catch public transport and manage social situations within the community
- Sleep difficulties
- Psychosocial development (a child’s self-esteem, motivation and social interaction)
- Cognitive development (a child’s arousal level and attention skills, initiation and planning of activity, problem solving and safety awareness).
By helping children improve their cognitive, physical, sensory, and motor skills, occupational therapy can enhance the child’s self-esteem and sense of accomplishment. We offer assessment and individualised therapy intervention within the home, school or community setting.
We pride ourselves on providing a holistic approach whereby the child or adolescent and their formal and informal support people are engaged with goal setting, development of skills, and measuring outcomes of intervention.
Meet the team:
- Providing Paediatric Occupational Therapy services to Greater Melbourne and Bendigo & the Loddon Mallee region are: Ania Mortellaro, Angela Chan and Emmaline Schneider
- Providing Paediatric Occupational Therapy services to Greater Adelaide and the Fleurieu Peninsula are: Jessica Harris, Corrina Zadravec, Harleen Dhall and Ashlyn Tom)
- Providing Paediatric Occupational Therapy services to the Blue Mountains and Lithgow - Bindi Paag.
- Providing Paediatric Occupational Therapy services to Parramatta and Greater Sydney - Jacqueline McGrory.
To access our services, please call 1800 258 487 and ask to speak with our NDIS Services team.